Monday, September 27, 2010

You mean like you are going to get big muscles........

I have spent the better part of 15 years training myself and training others. My goal from the beginning was to promote health and well being. To be a teacher and a guide. Mostly because exercise helped me overcome the pain of neck surgery, rehab after a car accident, my body back after 3 kids and the fight to say, "Thyroid cancer, YOU HAVE NOTHING ON ME!!" So after all of this I guess I am still so shocked to hear the question "why do you want to look like that?" Well... because I can! 

Why is it more socially acceptable to go to the bar every weekend, eat fast food every night while being fat and lazy on the couch watching football?? More than half of the individuals my age  look 10 years older than they actually are. Could someone please tell me where the rules are that say women should get married, have a family and then never care about the way they look ever again?? Forget the bra burning feminist crap, shave your arm pits and be strong and sexy...Ooooo what a concept. 

The truth is being healthy is hard. The amount of discipline it takes makes me tired just thinking about it. But there it is, the big secret revealed. Wake up and smell the angioplasty!! You have to want it. You cant think about it, you cant take a pill to make it all go away! This isn't the Matrix where you get the choice of the red or the blue! Come on people.... childhood obesity is a NATIONAL SECURITY RISK!! To think, FAT could bring us down. Not nerve agents or the atomic bomb but fat, out of shape kids that wont be able to pass the fitness test to even get into the military. Im shocked and you should be to. 

So to answer the question of the hour yes, I am going to get big muscles. Thats my choice and I am happy with it. I am proud of it because I know the discipline it takes to do what I am doing. So to the haters, the ones that laugh and crack the jokes about muscles not being sexy on a woman, I ask you this, "How healthy are you???" I bring it to the gym every day!

Tip of the day:
Put your workout in your calendar like you would your hair appointment!

My workout today:
Legs

Leg press
w/u 2x16 @190lbs

Leg extension
2x10 @170lbs 

Squats
2x10 @135lbs
1x10 @200lbs
1x10 @225lbs

Leg extension/leg curl super set
3x to failure 
@90/90lbs
@120/150lbs
@170/190lbs

Freak blaster
3x10

Calfs
3x30 @90lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment