Saturday, October 2, 2010

Getting it done.....

Disclaimer: In my last post I was in NO way making fun of anyone. My point was to show how aggrivated I am that people are actually disgusted that I am training to do a body building show. I don't get being disgusted for someone being healthy. Nor do I get being made fun of for it. I know it isn't for everyone and that's fine. I'm not pushing people to do what I'm doing. Yeah I hear the "oh are ya 200lbs yet?" or the "LOL because buldging muscles are sexy" comments. Keep them coming because that just pushes me all the more! Anyway enough of that. I am putting the haters behind me and continuing along my path.

Today I sit at 153lbs, 5'9 and 15% body fat and just incase you were wondering I am still a size 4-6 in my pants! Thats called MUSCLE growth (remember muscle weighs more than fat :)). My calories are still around 3200 a day so yes I am eating... every two hours! :) I drink at least 1 gallon of H2O a day and I'm hitting it hard in the gym and forcing myself to up my weights..... it's the only way to build those muscles :). I am really focusing on each part making sure that when I cut everything comes in nice and defined.

Todays workout was shoulders....

Military bar press
2x10 @ 95lbs
1x6 @  115lbs
1x6 @ 125lbs
1x10 @ 125lbs

Front lat  db raises super set plate raises followed by a drop set....(killer)
3x6 @ 25lbs/ 3x6 @ 35lbs
Drop set went down by 5lbs to the end :)

Side lat raises super set bent side lat raises again followed by a drop set to end.... (equally killer)
3x6 @ 20lbs/ 3x6 @ 25lbs

Shrugs Front/back
3x14/14 @ 75lbs

we ended with a ton of calfs on the bench.... it was around 150 reps with 125lbs on the bench :)

Just remember.... don't expect to walk into the gym and be able to lift the heaviest weight you can find... start with a light weight! If it is really easy you can continue to add in 5lb increments until you find a good weight to start with. Most places should have someone there you can ask for help if you are unsure! Ask them! That is what they are there for and nobody will think less of you for asking for help! :) Got to start somewhere right?

In Good Health
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment