Monday, October 11, 2010

learning curve....

So for those of you that know my dad you could say that I was in fact born with some DNA to be physically fit..... I attended a fitness trade show a few years ago and during one of the seminars I heard the doctors talk about muscle fiber. What's the big deal about muscle fiber you ask?? Well let me tell you in a nut shell. You have fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers. More fast twitch, you get a sprinter. More slow, you get a marathon runner. What they were getting at was the greats in either case were born that way..... great! Well as far as the amount of specific type of muscle fiber they have. With that said, while God did in fact seem to give them a gift of greatness he didn't completely hand them the Gold in their sport. They had to develop what was given to them, work hard to maintain it, feed their vessel with the proper nutrients and be dedicated and driven toward their dream, their goal, their victory. Lets consider the "taboo" of my chosen sport. The misconception is that all body builders take steroids to look like they do. Most think it is the magic formula for growth. NO NO NO! While yes some my use them and there are the same amount that don't, it still takes a hell of a lot of time and dedication to look that way. The building blocks were given to them through DNA but it will never change the fact that whether they do or don't, those athletes are still very disciplined. My point... there is NO magic pill!! As a personal trainer I see this every day. People think that I am the magic pill, that the 2 or 3 hours a week they spend with me is going to be enough. Think of me as the DNA, your building block.... YOU have to do the real work, you have to want it, believe in yourself and go out and get it. Work hard for it, make the conscious choice to choose the right thing. Stay positive, start slow and remember no goal is a bad goal!
In Good Health,
Rebecca

Today was Shoulders and Bi's
Here is what I did

shoulder warm up exercises for the rotator 2 sets

DB shoulder press
3x8 @ 40lbs

Super set  Front Lat raises/Plate raises
3x8 @25lbs/35lbs

Side Lat raises
3x6 @ 15lbs

Seated DB curls
1x12 @ 20lbs
2x12 @ 30lbs

Spider curls
3x16 @ 20lbs

Preacher curls
1x4 @ 75lbs
2x8 @ 45lbs

Cable hammer curls
3x8 @ 25 lbs

1 comment: