Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mind over Matter.....

Thank you Adam and Eve for eating the apple and you Pandora... didn't you have a lock on that box of yours?!? I mean really, seriously.... ugh!! I can imagine what it would be like to live in bliss, total ignorance to body image, bad carbs and whether or not the stone in my ring is real. Truthfully none of that matters to me now but it did! Thank you mom for pounding into my head the stupid little phase "what will people think?" See I have learned a lot in my journey to find who I really am. Partly because of my wonderful husband, and partly because I stopped worrying about what people would think!! Now this doesn't mean I went all rogue and gave a big middle finger to the world... it just means that I started to be happy being me. This translates to my workout as well. Ya see before I was worried about what I looked like while in the gym, were people looking at me, did they think I looked stupid, what if I didn't know how to do something.... oh the list goes on! I see many people like this. Afraid to walk into the gym because of fear of what people would think. People that cover themselves up or hide because they don't feel comfortable in their own skin. Once I was no longer worried about this my workouts and my intensity increase 100%. I am pushing myself harder than I ever have and it feels great! I am getting it done and so can you. Don't let someone tell you you can't and most importantly don't let anyone tell you you should be something or someone you are not. I say don't hide but change their minds and you might be surprised at how you feel.
In Good Health,
Rebecca


Mondays workout (DC training and FST-7 combined) DISCLAIMER: this program is for advanced weight lifters!!! We have affectionately renamed this training to WTFWIT!

Incline Smith Machine
8-5-3 @ 135lbs followed by a 1min stretch

Cable Cross Over
7x8 @  plate 3 (this is the number of plates on a cybex cco cant remember the weight...its weird on those)

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
8-5-3 @135lbs followed by a 1min stretch

Lat Raise machine
7x8 @50lbs

Tuesdays workout again DC with FST-7

Close Grip Bench
8-5-3 @ 95lbs 1min stretch

Overhead cable ext.
7x8 @ plate 7 (again not sure the weight...it's weird LOL)

Close grip pull downs
8-5-3 @ 100lbs 1min stretch

Cable pull over
7x8 @ plate 7

2 sets of dips

No comments:

Post a Comment