Sunday, April 18, 2010

For all the HATERS and the "I have a million excuses why I can't" groups!

This post is for all of those people and you know who you are. I like to call them the "I can't" group. This group will find EVERY excuse in the book to justify why they are over weight and out of shape. Lets face it we are all a little over worked right?? Hell, even Obama finds time to workout! I challenge any human out there that thinks their schedule of daily events is more hectic than the President of the United States. While Kate Goslin might make a good argument not even she can say "I can't". She found a way to make money, look like a fool and workout all at the same time! Wow if only I had the media on my side.....hmmmmmm Ok, back to us normal folks. Let me break my day down for you *please note, not everyone has to go to these extremes but lets face it WORK is involved.* My day starts at 430am and goes non stop until my kids go to be at 8pm. Why you ask....because I am a mom, work full time and only get so many hours in one day. I make my meals the night before and everything is ready to go to the office with me in the morning. Skipping a meal is bad! My blackberry goes everywhere with me as my schedule is booked every hour so you'll want to pay attention to this part it's key.....PUT YOUR WORKOUT IN YOUR CALENDAR AS ONE OF YOUR APPOINTMENTS!!!! Ladies would you miss a hair appointment? The answer to this is NO. So I ask you this, if your hair is important enough that even the most deadliest of natural disasters wouldn't keep you from making it to the salon why isn't your body? I guess while you're in the hospital having test after test run and at the doctors every other months for antibiotic they'll all say "Man her hair looks great"! P.S. you may not use the I can't leave the office to go to the gym excuse here....if you are a gym member you have before or after work and if you aren't a gym member you have outside, home, or even at work during a break. 

I was at a health screening for work last week and I had a women tell me that she was over weight because she couldn't walk on the treadmill anymore because her knees hurt. I told her to use a recumbent bike instead which is less impact on the knees. She said "I can't" (shocker I know) because that would hurt her tail bone. I apologize in advance if my next statement offends anyone but in the back of my head I was thinking look lady your butt is plenty big enough that it should provide some cushion. Don't worry I kept that comment in my inside voice. My point is people there IS ALWAYS a way you can modify ANYTHING to make it appropriate for the age and fitness level while spending no money at all. And because I am 200% sure of this comment if you think I am wrong and I can't give you a solution to your problem I will train you for free for a month! So bring it because I got your solutions. Just think of me as the magic pill 90% of Americans are so desperately seeking.

At home workout tip of the day....Basic: wash your floors with a rag instead of a mop. You can pad knees for comfort, after a small section of floor do some push ups they can be on your knees "girl" push ups or regular it's up to you
More advanced: wash your floors with a rag while holding a plank position and moving around the area

Set a goal, make it attainable and make it smart! Baby steps are steps toward a healthy you!


My workouts have looked like this.....
Weight this morning was 139lbs

Friday I did 45min of TRX, 20min of Pilates reformer and 30min of cardio on EFX
Saturday I did 5hours of Pilates at a training.....every muscle in my body is aware today :D
Today I rested!

2 comments:

  1. Great work and great advice. I switched to an elliptical at home because my hip would hurt if I went to fast on the treadmill but the elliptical has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said -- a lot of people ask me what I've done to transform my body, and I've told them, and with very few exceptions, they all say "Well, I don't have time for all that." or "Well, I don't want to get TOO muscular/TOO crazy/TOO . . . whatever"

    ReplyDelete